Saturday, March 14, 2009

animals,animals everywhere!!








Okay, the first pic is of our crazy boy Scout. The girls adore him and he loves to cuddle with them. The second pic is of Sampson our lazy, lazy cat. He thinks he's a dog, will only drink running water, have even caught him drinking out of the toilet. The last two pictures have a story behind them. I was cleaning the gameroom which has our fireplace in it. When I walked by the fireplace I saw a flash of fur. I hollered for David that I thought there was a squirrel in the fireplace. Of course David thought I was crazy! Upon further investigation....it was a big ol duck. Don't know how he squeezed down in there or even how long he had been hanging out but he was not happy at all. It took us a little bit to figure out a way to get him out of the house. My big concern was that he was covered in ashes and of course if he decided to fly around and was scared we would have a duck poo problem...yuck! We tried getting him into a crate using bread-he didn't fall for that at all. David opened the door and had a dish towel getting ready to throw it over him and try to pick him up to carry him outside. When David got close the duck jumped around him and flew straight out the open door, whew we got very lucky. For a minute I thought about getting out the video camera in case David had to chase the duck around the house, who knows maybe we could have won some money on funniest home video!


No comments: